The library of the Finnish Institute in Estonia is located in Tartu. Everyone is welcome to borrow books and use our reading room. The materials can also be searched through the ESTER database shared by Estonian libraries.
The library is closed every last Friday of the month.
Ülikooli 11, Tartu
Phone: 742 7319
Available in the library
- Finnish contemporary literature and classics
- books for children and youth
- translations of Finnish literature into Estonian
- translations of Estonian literature into Finnish
- Literature about Finland and relations between Finland and Estonia
- learning materials
One can also find Finnish and Estonian newspapers and magazines in the reading room.
We arrange a variety of events for adults and children in the library: discussion groups, author visits, quizzes, and workshops, for example. Every December, an elf school and Santa’s postal office are held in the library. More information can be found in the event calendar.